It’s time for The Theology Nerd podcast.
We are relaunching this podcast stream (formerly TNT) with a multitude of formats, like Q&A, webinars, special HBC community events, and more! Make sure to click subscribe in wherever you get your podcasts so you never miss an episode.
For this Q&A episode, we tackle:
- the logical and ethical problems with penal substitutionary atonement
- how the Kung Fu Panda (2) model of theodicy can help you win at parenting and at theology
- Tripp clears up some confusion about heresy
- the preferential option for the Jesse
- how an open and relational theologian thinks about the bible
- the really offensive part of the wrath of God
Plus, Tripp tells one of the funniest jokes that he has ever heard (from a Benedictine monk) and explains why Lord of the Rings is superior to Star Wars.
You can always click the speakpipe button to send us questions, comments, or love. Even better would be to tweet Tripp @trippfuller. If you don’t want to miss out on all the awesome perks of being a Homebrewed Community member, head over to homebrewedommunity.com and sign up now.
And don’t miss the new course with Tripp and Barry Taylor, Questions for the Believing Skeptic. Sign up and get access to:
- four 90+ minute video lectures
- audio and video replay of each session
- conversational engagement with all the topics
- all of your questions will help make a companion book for the course
- invitation to a secret Facebook group to share questions, comments, and engage with others taking the course
The idea is to be able to take this material and use it in your community after you go through it.
Last but not least, you won’t want to miss your chance to go on a spiritual pilgrimage to Germany for the 500 anniversary of the Reformation. Click here for more details.