It’s the LectioCast! Thanks for all the initial support. Daniel and I are thrilled at the initial response and can’t believe after just our 2nd episode we have been in the top 10 on iTunes and in Religion’s “New and Noteworthy” list. If you haven’t reviewed or subscribed the the show go ahead and do it.
The texts this week are 1 Samuel 8:4-11 (12-15), 16-20 (11:14-15), Psalm 138, 2 Cor 4:13-5:1 & Mark 3:20-35.
- Luther’s commentary on idolatry
- the desire to escape God through religion
- why God is against having kings
- participating in the resurrection without escapism
- God’s work in and through our suffering
- the conversion of imagination
- Jesus’ style of Messiahship
- the oppression of religious & family narratives
- where babies (and Jesus’ brothers) come from
- the blaspheming of the Holy Spirit (Daniel is against it)
LectioCast aims to get your sermon/service prep jumpstarted by homing in on crucial issues and themes in
the passages and talking through possible opportunities and issues in preaching the various texts.