Since Bo decided to throw down and list his top ten books, I thought it might be interesting to do the same (thereby forcing Tripp to do so as well), especially since Bo and I don’t have a single book in common.
In no particular order, and exempting Scriptures, here’s the “Top Ten Books (included one I read as a kid) that Have Changed Me and/or Stuck with Me”
- Theopoetics: Theology and the Religious Imagination by Amos Wilder
- The Poet, The Warrior, The Prophet by Rubem Alves
- The Powers Trilogy by Walter Wink
- The Disabled God: Toward a Liberatory Theology of Disability by Nancy Eiesland
- Poetry and Commitment by Adrienne Rich
- So You Want to Be a Wizard by Diane Duane
- Actual Minds, Possible Worlds by Jerome Bruner
- Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man by Marshall McLuhan
- Metaphorical Theology: Models of God in Religious Language by Sallie McFague
- Rilke’s Book of Hours: Love Poems to God translated by Anita Barrows & Joanna Macy
Weird, I know.
Any folks out there have any of these on their bookshelf?