If you are like me and spend time in a car driving (thanks LA highways) then you are always looking for something to distract you from the pain of traffic and asfault. Of course you can listen to the Homebrewed Christianity Podcast back log but if you need more I got a suggestion….Audible.
I use audible and will get some store credit if you try it out. It’s not for everyone but here are some cool reasons I like it and use it all the time….
- You get a free audio subscription to the New York Times or Wall Street Journal.
- There is an AMAZING iPhone \ Android App that lets you purchase, download, play, book mark, make notes, etc from your phone.
- On the iPhone books can be played up to x3 normal speed. That means Neo-reformed Rob Bell haters could have actually heard the book in less than 2 hours before blogging. It also means you can take in the New York Times in 15 minutes.
- They have sweet freebies including interviews with authors on the writing process and dialogues among friends.
- New Releases come out soon, often on the paper release day.
- Authors often read their own books. Boring ones don’t.
Try Audible Now and Get A Free Audiobook Download with a 14 Day Trial. Choose from over 85,000 Titles. Including Rob Bell reading almost any of his books, NT Wright, Marcus Borg, Seth Godin, Kevin Kelley, Karl Barth, Paul Tillich and then all those fiction books people tell me about. Here’s the two deals I get points on if you click. Check it.