Reposted from the Interfaith Power & Light Blog. In episode 57 of the podcast, Ben Lowe and I told you to stay tuned for some ways you can push this legislation through. Here are some ways you can help.
At local town hall meetings around the country, opponents of climate and energy legislation are turning out in force along with opponents of health care reform in an orchestrated strategy to shout down congressmembers and intimidate them.
As senators head home for the August recess, we must step up our efforts to demonstrate faith community concern for this issue.
Here is what you can do to help push for climate legislation:
- You can find more information about an upcoming town hall meeting near you by clicking on one of the orange markers on this map. Please attend an event near you, and peacefully display your support, as a person of faith, for a clean energy and climate bill. While we certainly do not want to imitate their angry mob tactics, it’s important that our senators hear a more accurate portrayal of public opinion at the meetings.
- Visit our Action Center and send a letter to your senator saying that as a person of clean faith you support:
- increasing our competitiveness in a global clean-energy market that could reach nearly $2 trillion in the next decade.
- creating millions of new American jobs
- protecting God’s Creation for future generations
- protecting the most vulnerable members of our society from catastrophic climate change